"THUS OUT OF SMALL BEGINNINGS, GREATER THINGS HAVE BEEN PRODUCED BY HIS HAND THAT MADE ALL THINGS OF NOTHING, AND GIVES BEING TO ALL THINGS THAT ARE; AND, AS ONE SMALL CANDLE MAY LIGHT A THOUSAND, SO THE LIGHT HERE KINDLED HATH SHONE UNTO MANY..." - WILLIAM BRADFORD, BRADFORD: OF PLYMOUTH PLANTATION
Dear friends - On a personal level, there are no words that can be or need be said. God's ways are not our ways, but we know...yes, we know He is God and His ways are higher. We also know we will see our beloved friend again.
The Jonsson's - owners of ACTS - and I will be attending the Service on Sunday. Anyone that can attend is welcome to do so.
ACTS will be sending flowers on behalf of the entire team - the owners are choosing a beautiful arrangement reflecting the patriotic heart of ACTS and our dear friend. This, again, reflects the EPLs and the office team as a whole.
Many are asking about other ways to share our love and support, and ways to ensure the ministry goes on. I have been asked to share with you the following:
· ACTS and our owners financially support Marshall & Trish monthly. That will continue.
· There are ongoing conversations with Marshall's daughter and son regarding how we can best come alongside them in the days to come - both in supporting care for Trish and in furthering the ministry of Marshall and World History Institute. As you can imagine in this very unexpected journey, they are working through details they were not anticipating - and the grief and loss are acute. They need time, which of course we will give them.
· When we know more regarding specific funds being established, we will share it with all of you. I am certain financial support will be greatly appreciated in the days ahead.
· Until then, if you would like to personally send a card, the address is: The Foster Family - 2049 Beamon Dr. - Franklin, TN 37064
· Prayers for this grieving family are greatly appreciated.
As the entire ACTS family, we mourn the loss of our dear friend, mentor, teacher, and encourager. Yet we do not mourn as those without HOPE. Our hope remains in the risen Savior – whom our friend and faithful servant is with now and forevermore.
As he always said to us…’ONWARD.’
Sabrina - on behalf of the ACTS Leadership Team
May the following verses encourage you in the same way they did the office team this morning -
“Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his faithful servants.”
A prayer of Moses, the man of God.
1 Lord, through all the generations you have been our home!2 Before the mountains were born, before you gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, you are God.
3 You turn people back to dust, saying, “Return to dust, you mortals!”4 For you, a thousand years are as a passing day, as brief as a few night hours.5 You sweep people away like dreams that disappear. They are like grass that springs up in the morning.6 In the morning it blooms and flourishes, but by evening it is dry and withered.12 So teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Death is the last shadow before heaven’s dawn. C.S. Lewis